Saturday, October 4, 2008

Floral Arranging

I chickened out and dropped my college math class, so I needed a class to replace it. Since most of the classes were filled by this time, I added into a Floral Arrangement class. I have always been interested in flowers and so I was really excited!

I'm here to report that I love it! So far we have learned how to color tool (spray paint) flowers, tie those big floral bows, create flower jewelry, and make corsages. I never realized how much time and effort are put into creating flower arrangements.

...Maybe if I keep practicing I will be good enough to work for Uncle Bruce one day! Ü

5 comments:

Merianne said...

I took a flower arranging class at Rick's college and loved it! It's a great thing to know, even if you only do it once in awhile. Make sure to post pictures of all your creations, I'd love to see them!

Julianne said...

Nice work. My roommates took that class at BYU their last semester as a filler, and it ended up being their favorite class of their college career! One of them even ended up working at a floral design wholesale company in Provo for a little while after graduation before she found a different job. She was the one who did all our wedding flowers. So -- yes, post lots of pictures of your creations, it is just such a cool thing!

Adam,Emily, Paisley, Hayden, and Landon said...

that is so great!!! I love to read your blog keep posting! love you lots! :D

Britney said...

Hi Kaylie! I just wanted to say hi and that I am very impressed with your new found skills! What a fun class and a really good talent to know. I miss you tons and think about Rexburg life and how much fun we all had! Kepp up the good work! Love ya brit

Ashley and Ethan said...

whales...you're becomming quite the flower maker!! Sorry, I'm in the flower lingo haha
Andy